1. General information
We are [Association Name] the founding legal entity behind altanaprojec.org. We are registered in the France under number xxxxxxxxx and have our registered office at address.
[Association Name] (“Altana Project”, “we”, “us” or “our”) provides a web platform created from a set of open collaboration tools dedicated to research and member communication (“Service” or “Platform”) by it’s users (“user” or “you”) that have registered with us. In the course of providing the Altana Project may collect personal information about a user.Altana Project is responsible for the collection and processing of this personal information. Personal information is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
This version of the policy is effective as of [12 of February 2018]
2. How we collect information
We collect information in two ways:
1. Information you provide to us: When you register for Altana Project we ask you to provide us with information, such as a (user)name and an e-mail address and optionally a city, a set of skills, a short bio and a profile picture. We may also collect personal information if you contact us by e-mail.
The user will have to explicitly consent with the publishing of his name and profile picture on the platform.
2. Information we get from your use of the platform: we use background analytics that tells us how users use the Platform so we can improve the service for you.
A cookie is a string of information, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that a website stores on a visitor’s computer and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
4. Information you choose to display publicly on the Platform
In the event the user may choose to post personal information in publicly visible parts of the platform in the course of use of the platform, this information is considered to be public and may be used by anyone on the Platform.
The privacy setting of every user profile is public by default. Private profile settings are optional. Refusing to supply personal information or maintaining a private profile may prevent you from engaging in certain activities on the platform.
5. How we use information
We may use personal information you provide us for the following purposes:
1. Operating the Platform
2. Account registration and maintaining accounts: the e-mail address and password you provided are used to administer and process registrations and to identify you when you log into the Platform, which allows you to make use of our Platform.
3. User profiles: your profile including your name and optionally your location, skill set, bio and profile picture will be published on the Platform. The privacy setting of this profile is public by default. This information is publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone visiting the Platform.
4. Contact: we may communicate with all the users by e-mail to inform them about our products, services and related issues. We offer you the option to opt-out from these e-mails.
6. Service improvement: evaluating the quality of our products and services to improve the content and the quality of the Platform. To evaluate the use of our Platform as well as for statistical purposes. The data is not anonymized.
7. Customer support: personal information is used to provide customer support.
8. Transferring information to others as described in this policy or to satisfy our legal, regulatory requirements.
6. Sharing of personal information
There are some circumstances where we may need to share some personal information we have collected about you or which you have provided us with:
1. Other users: any personal information in your public profile will be accessible by anyone visiting the Platform, except for your e-mail address.
2. With your consent: we will disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. Altana Project will ask for your explicit consent at the time at which we collect your information.
3. Required by law: we will disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal request. We want to stress that we will only do so if there is a sufficient legal basis.
4. Business transfer: is acquired by any person or company, on a merger of our business, user information and other code assets will be transferred to the new ownership identity. You should be aware that such an event can occur and that if it does, the buyer may continue to use your personal information, but only as set forth in this policy. In any of these events you will be notified.
8. Term of storage
The collected personal information will be stored no longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes of collecting the personal information after termination of the Service.
9. Access and correct personal information
Upon request, we will provide you with the opportunity to correct, update, modify or delete other personal information that we hold about you by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Altana Project may occasionally update this policy. Altana Project will notify its users about significant changes made to the policy by posting the new policy on the platform or by sending the changes or a link to the modified document to the e-mail address the user has provided in his Altana Project member account.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how you think we have handled your personal information, please contact at email@example.com. We will work hard to investigate and resolve any complaints you might have.
No personal information is transferred to or stored in countries outside the EU.
Written inquiries can be sent to: